This position is responsible for a variety of tasks including but not limited to the safe and efficient movement of construction products and materials.
- Operate various vehicles for storage or removal of materials
- Prepare products and materials for shipment
- Load, unload, and stage products and materials and track and record units of materials handled
- Bands truss packages together using nylon banding.
- Identifies and communicates any quality concerns with Production Manager prior to stacking trusses.
- Labels truss packages appropriately and legibly.
- Communicates/Coordinates with forklift operators on placement of truss packages in the yard.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area at all times.
- Completes tasks in an efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Works effectively with team members to balance workload.
- Complies with Company’s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Adheres to OSHA requirements and company policies/procedures to ensure safety at all times.
- Experience in general labor, construction, or other related fields
- Familiarity with pallet jack, forklift, or other industrial vehicles
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong work ethic
Truss Stackers are responsible for pushing/pulling finished trusses from the assembly line and organizing them according to shop paperwork. Additionally, Truss Stackers are responsible for ensuring trusses are bundled properly by securing the truss packages with nylon banding.