This position is responsible for truck deliveries of lumber and other building materials to various locations in and around the local area, while maintaining compliance with all company safety requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety and efficiently transport building materials to various work locations.
- Verify load with shipping papers.
- Daily maintenance inspection of truck to ensure safe driving conditions.
- Load and unload building materials with the use of a forklift.
- Secure all outgoing loads in appropriate safe stacking method.
- Perform or assist in grounds, building, equipment maintenance and housekeeping as required or to maintain a 40-hour work week.
- Other duties as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of commercial driving regulations and safe driving practices.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must have a Class A CDL.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Starting Pay: $21.00/hour