This position is responsible for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to cutting and assembling components for trusses.
- Read and interpret truss work orders, accurately select lumber and truss places, stage all components.
- Assist in the setup of trusses, and operate truss press.
- Tacks metal gusset plates to truss joints using hammer.
- Operates glider roller machine to fasten plates to assembled trusses.
- Stack and label all cut materials and band bundles of materials to specifications.
- Maintain work area according to company standards including collecting drop offs and stacking them for reuse, discarding old banding material.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Ability to use basic power tools and hammer.
- Ability to add and subtract in all units of standard US measures, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Must be alert to surroundings; position requires high degree of situational awareness.
- Ability to bend, stop and move repetitively while working with power tools.
- Previous construction experience a plus.
- Framing or woodworking experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / JOB CONDITIONS
This position requires working outside, in all weather conditions, frequent walking, and standing, bending, and reaching. Must comply with all company safety requirements. May be required to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings and weekends.