This position is responsible for truck deliveries of lumber and other building materials to various locations in and around the local area, while maintaining compliance with all company safety requirements.
- Safety and efficiently transport building materials to various work locations without damage to equipment or property.
- Verify load with shipping papers.
- Daily maintenance inspection of truck to ensure safe driving condition.
- Load and unload building materials in an efficient manner with the use of a PiggyBack type of forklift.
- Secure all outgoing loads in appropriate safe stacking method.
- Perform or assist in grounds, building, equipment maintenance and housekeeping as required or to maintain a 40-hour work week.
- Other duties as necessary.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of commercial driving regulations and safe driving practices.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must have a Class A CDL.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment.