We are seeking an HR Manager that has experience working in a construction or manufacturing environment as well as experience working with a primarily hourly workforce. With a professionally courteous and friendly approach, you will be leading and directing the routine functions for the Human Resources (HR) department including benefits, policies, and procedures. We strive to foster a comfortable and trusting work environment that allows for open communication and sharing of new ideas. If you are an effective communicator and thrive in a collaborative environment, we would welcome the chance to speak with you.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Develops and communicates HR policies and ensures compliance throughout the organization.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of five years of human resource management experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations, knowledge of working with the state of California is preferred but not required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, listening and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, confidentiality and be approachable.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred but not required.