GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
This position is responsible for delivery of lumber and other building materials to various locations in and around the local area, while maintaining compliance with all company safety requirements. While working in this capacity, heavy equipment may be used. This position also requires working outside, in all weather conditions.
- Safely and efficiently transport building materials to various work locations
- Verify load with shipping papers
- Daily maintenance inspection of truck to ensure safe driving conditions
- Load and unload building materials with the use of a forklift
- Secure all outgoing loads in appropriate safe stacking method
- Perform or assist in grounds, building, equipment maintenance and housekeeping as required or to maintain a 40 hour work week
- Other duties as necessary
- Must have a Class A CDL
- Knowledge of commercial driving regulations and safe driving practices.
- Forklift experience preferred
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to lift at least 100 lbs.