GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
This position will diagnose and repair automotive issues and perform routine maintenance tasks for company vehicles and facility equipment.
- Work with company drivers to understand their concerns and properly diagnose and repair company vehicles.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance functions in compliance with manufacturer’s guidelines on all types of tools, equipment, and machinery including but not limited to: nail guns, skilsaws, sawzalls, and air compressors
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare proper documentation.
- Use diagnostic equipment to evaluate mechanical problems.
- Contain cost by using warranty and evaluating service and parts options.
- Service vehicles according to established preventive maintenance schedule.
- Maintain vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting when necessary.
- Maintain accurate records of preventive maintenance.
- Maintain cleanliness of shop and keep shop equipment in safe and operating condition.
- Comply with state requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Work with other mechanics to place orders and maintain shop inventory.
- Installation, modification, and repair of production and facility equipment which may include hydraulics, pneumatics, and/or welding.
- Must provide own tools.
- Other tasks as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years’ experience as a mechanic or vocational/technical certification.
- Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines, transmissions, etc.), OEM training courses, or ASE certification preferred.
- Experience using tools of the trade (including welding equipment, diagnostic equipment, and hand/power tools).
- Valid driver’s license required and must be able to pass an MVR and background check.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. regularly and up to 75 lbs. occasionally. Also must be able to lift, bend, climb, push, pull, twist as necessary.
- Ability to work independently, but also work cohesively with a team.
- Willing to work in non-climate-controlled environments.
- Ability to solve problems and be detail oriented.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate and document all work performed on company vehicles.
- Must have a positive attitude and willingness to learn and grow.